Monday, August 8, 2011

The start of a gyre. . .


This blog is intended as a companion to my website about A Vision, YeatsVision.com, and both examine the esoteric system created by William Butler Yeats and his wife, George Hyde Lees. Whereas the website aims to offer clear and direct interpretation of A Vision for readers and students, confining itself largely to what Yeats himself wrote and to the academic study of his work, the comments and articles here will be rather more speculative, exploratory and possibly personal. I also hope that as and when people arrive they will feel able to enter into some dialogue about topics through the comments.

I will be adding to the blog very slowly, but since it is far from topical and will only be minimally sequential, I hope that readers will feel able and welcome to respond to any post, whether it was nominally put up the day before or months or even years before—this kind of web dialogue can be both instant and leisurely. Like Yeats, I recognize that most of the material here will not be of great general interest and is for the relatively small group of “my fellow students” of A Vision, but I know myself from the way that a search-engine or a link leads to unexpected places, there will be some people who stumble onto this without knowing much about what’s going on. If you are in doubt or are intrigued, do go and look at YeatsVision.com (especially Overview) for simpler and more straightforward explanation of the material.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to find this! I read A Vision in 1967 and have never forgotten how it haunted me. May be coming back into vogue if current events are any indication. (E.g., read and weep at http://www.truth-out.org/goodbye-all-reflections-gop-operative-who-left-cult/1314907779 ). Like you, I am an extremely unhurried amender of all things bloggish. But I hope you do find more time to organize and add to your main site as well as this blog. A TOC or an organized list of sub-pages would add a lot of value to the former and make clear just how much is really there. A bientot...

Anonymous said...

Ah, just found yeatsvision.com sitemap and contents pages. Boost visibility, perhaps?

Neil Mann said...

Thank you very much for your comments Cliffe, and I'm glad that you appreciate the slower style of blog. I'll definitely try to find some ways to make the list of pages and the sitemap more prominent, and I'd welcome any suggestions of areas in the main site that you'd find interesting.